FUN GIFT FOR FRIENDS
Have you ever had a group of friends over, and just want to give them a ‘little something’? You know – something they’ll like, but won’t cost you a fortune to give. Here’s the perfect little gift every woman will appreciate! As a bonus, you can whip these up in no time using your favourite Designer Series Paper.
NAIL FILE HOLDER
How cute is this?! The sample uses the retired Delightful Daisy DSP, but you can switch it up to your favourite. Maybe you’re having a theme gathering – you can use colours that match!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
* Designer Series Paper (“DSP”) — any pattern (6″ x 3″)
Tools and Accessories
* Scoring Board and Stylus
* 3/4″ Circle Punch
* Linen Thread
* Small Button
* Nail File
* Adhesive: Tear and Tape; Glue Dots
1. Referring to diagram below, cut 1″ from top of 6″ x 3″ DSP to use as Belly Band.
2. Score lengthwise at 1″ and 2″, then turn sideways and score at 1/4″.
3. Use 3/4″ Circle Punch to cut a half-circle at top of center panel.
4. Working on back side of DSP, fold up at 1/4″ score line. Apply Tear and Tape to the outside of the folded up section. See picture below.
5. Remove backing from Tear and Tape, and fold at 1″ score line, adhering the bottom folded edge at the same time. Apply Tear and Tape to right edge of DSP. See picture below.
6. Remove backing from Tear and Tape and fold at 2″ score line, securing both the bottom and the back of the nail file sleeve.
7. Insert nail file (I found the purple one at the drugstore), and wrap Belly Band around sleeve, securing on the back with Tear and Tape.
8. Wrap a piece of Linen Thread around Belly Band and tie in a bow on the front.
9. Use a Glue Dot to add a small button from your stash (the one shown is a retired Stampin’ Up! button). That’s it! You’re finished!
How quick and easy (and inexpensive!!!) was this?! Your friends will think you’re so talented, and they’ll be thrilled with this gift that they can tuck into their purse.
ORDER YOUR SUPPLIES NOW!
Stampin’ Up! has a brand new selection of gorgeous buttons that you can use for this project! I’ve listed them below – to order your supplies, simply click on the product images. To see all of the fabulous Designer Paper to choose from, CLICK HERE to view in my online store. Online shopping is available 24 hours a day, so it’s super convenient for you!
4 thoughts on “Fun Gift For Friends”
What a cute idea! Thanks for the directions with pictures!
You’re welcome, Susan! Glad you enjoyed today’s little tutorial 🙂
What a great idea! And everyone is always in need of a new nail file. At least, I always am! Thanks for the measurements and instructions!
I’m glad you liked today’s tutorial, Buffy! I’m always needing a new nail file, too (and never have it with me when I need it!)