Hey stamping friend! Well, Murphy’s Law has struck again; whatever can go wrong, will! I’ve been trying to add the Pinwheel Fold Tutorial to my Tutorials page – but it just won’t load for me!
I can access it as a ‘viewer’, but when I try to access it from my Admin. side – no go! So, until I get that glitch fixed, I’m going to add the tutorial here!
My apologies for any frustration that I may have unintentionally caused; the last thing we need at this time of year is more stress!
PINWHEEL FOLD TUTORIAL
Designer series paper, 8″ square
Whisper White cardstock 4” x 4”, 2 ½” circle
Calypso Coral cardstock 4 1/8” x 4 1/8”, 1” x 11”
Stamp Set: Big Day
Inks: Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral
Simply Scored board
Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (optional)
1) Place diagonal plate onto scoring board and place an 8″ square of patterned paper on the board with the “pinwheel” pattern side down (this will also be the “inside” of the card). Score diagonally at 3″. Repeat for all four sides.
If not using a diagonal plate, mark the paper at 3″ from each corner. Align square panel on scoring board with opposite points up and down. Score down from each 3″ mark, using a ruler to ensure alignment with the groove.
2) Cut away “triangles” where score lines intersect. Repeat for all four sides.
3) Remove diagonal plate from scoring board and turn paper over so the “pinwheel” pattern is up. Score at 1″ from top to the half way point/triangle. Repeat for all four sides.
4) Fold at the 1″ score lines (away from the “groove”). Repeat for all four sides.
5) Fold at the 3″ score lines in the opposite direction. Repeat for all four sides.
6) To create the Pinwheel Fold: Fold up bottom flap, then fold over the flap to the left (clockwise); repeat with 3rd flap (continuing clockwise). Fold over the last flap and tuck under the first flap, like folding a box.
7) Stamp the 4” x 4” Whisper White cardstock with the ‘ice cream’ sentiment and the cake image; colour the cake using Stampin’ Write Markers. Layer the stamped cardstock on top of the Calypso Coral 4 1/8” x 4 1/8” piece, and glue to centre of card base.
8) Stamp the ‘celebrate’ sentiment in Calypso Coral ink onto the 2 ½” whisper White cardstock circle. Stamp again onto a scrap piece of paper, this time inking only the word ‘celebrate’ in Coastal Cabana ink; cut out using scissors, and overlay onto circle, using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
9) Fold belly-band around card, glue closed, and attached stamped circle to centre.
Of course, this tutorial was originally from 2015, so the products I used are now retired, along with the Diagonal Score Board. However, the instructions are there for marking the lines without the Diagonal board!
Whatever stamp set and papers you decide to use to make your Pinwheel fold card – have fun! Be sure to shop at my online store for all your product needs. I really appreciate your business!